Quality Garden Products you can TRUST!
Garden Techniques & The Best Customer Service Around!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, Yelp and see why the community has made us the best hydroponic and garden store in Southern California and the United States!
N is for Nitrogen
- Nitrogen is an essential nutrient for plant growth, development, and reproduction.
- Despite nitrogen being one of the most abundant elements on earth, nitrogen deficiency is probably the most common nutritional problem affecting plants worldwide – nitrogen from the atmosphere and earth's crust is not directly available to plants.
- Nitrogen essential for plants.
P is for Phosphorus
- Phosphorus in and for plants is very important. Unlike other nutrients, it helps plants promote cell division and convert other nutrients into usable building blocks which aid a plant through its growth cycles.
- Phosphorus is one of the main three nutrients most commonly found in fertilizers and is the “P” in the N, P, and K balance that is presented on most of or nutrients and fertilizers.
- Phosphorus is essential to a plant’s growth.
K is for Potassium
- Potassium or the element abbreviation (K) is for a plant’s overall health and vigor.
- Adequate levels of Potassium ensure the overall health and longevity of plants.
- Plants will show they are Potassium deficient with browning/darkened edges (almost look burnt) on their leaves and will often produce very few blooms/fruit.
- There is no level at which K becomes toxic to plants, but excessive K can block the absorption of the other two nutrients.